Departments » Engineering
The Engineering Department is responsible for the planning, design, and construction of the City’s capital projects related to streets, water systems, sanitary sewers, storm drain facilities, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, recreational trails, parks, landscaping, street lighting, and traffic signals. In addition the department conducts engineering and construction surveys, title and property searches and assists citizen and developers with information. The Engineering Department also works closely with other City Departments by providing plan development review, inspection services, and design/construction management services. By working collaboratively with the other Departments; the Engineering Department is able to prioritize, plan, design, and construct projects that meet the needs of the community while meeting all State and Federal regulations.
In addition to the specific responsibilities mentioned above, the Engineering Department also performs the following services:
- Reviews, approves, and inspects all projects that require encroachment permits
- Creates, updates, and maintains zoning maps, street maps, and utility plats
- Reviews and approves all parcel maps, final maps, lot line adjustments, lot mergers and easements
- Coordinates and facilitates the Traffic Safety Commission agenda and public hearings
- Updates City standards and specifications to remain in compliance with State and Federal regulations as required
The Engineering Department is committed to the guiding principles that promote quality, clarity and consistency in the processing and approval of entitlement applications, issuance of encroachment permits and overall management of the Capital Improvement Program.
Phone: (559) 637-4200 Option 4
- Press 1 – Engineering
- Press 2 – Pre-recorded Information about Engineering Projects
- Press 3 – Automated Engineering Inspection Appointment System
8AM – 5PM, Monday through Friday
We are closed Saturday and Sunday and most holidays Construction Projects Technical Library Links